Thursday, March 31, 2011

Meet Lowbrow Customs: Todd


This is the first in an installment of posts I will do over the next couple weeks introducing you to the people who work here at Lowbrow Customs. First up, Todd. He is a friend I met when I was selling a pre unit Triumph project a few years back. If you call Lowbrow, he is the guy you will be talking to! With his 25+ years experience with British motorcycles and 10+ years as a professional HD mechanic he is well versed in two-wheeled machines. In his own words:


"I was born in upstate New York just across the Hudson River from Woodstock. I have been interested in motorcycles from an early age, all my friends rode in motocross races, but I could not afford a bike. I moved to California when I was 18 and that is where I fell in love with British motorcycles. I rode my 1963 BSA A-10 all over the San Diego beach areas and I still own that bike today! I moved to Oregon in 1989 and lived in the mountains, no electricity or phones. I was also a grateful Dead fan and did many cross country trips, during one of my tours I saw an
ad in a mag for MMI so I thought why not and moved to Phoenix, Arizona. I ended up in Ohio working at a H-D dealership for over 10 years.

Todd's personal garage with a line of Triumph builds in-progress

I met up with Tyler about 4 years ago when I purchased a pre-unit Triumph from him. When he offered me the chance to join the Lowbrow crew just after the start of this year I jumped at the hance. I have been riding, wrenching and racing Triumph and BSA for 25+ years. I have been rebuilding stock Brit customs and bobbers for the last 10 years. I am currently working on a 1956 Triumph T-bird bobber conversion and several other unit Triumph bobbers.

- Todd

P.S. If I didn’t have the most beautiful and understanding wife in the world, I wouldn’t be doing the things I love."

Todd's garage.. You can see he has bikes on the brain even when he isn't working here!

1 comment:

beanmachine said...

sounds like a real handy guy to have around