Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Panhead project... wait that's not a Triumph!


Last month I got a new project in the shop, something I had been half-looking for for a year and a half or so. I got a good deal on this '59 Panhead and it came home with me. I got it running that weekend (thanks for the help, Todd!), and I just pulled the motor and trans. The only things I am using from the bike are the motor, trans and title, the rest of it is a mish mash of years and parts and that is traded off to a friend of mine. I have a vision in my head of what this bike is going to look like when done, and I have some parts accumulating around here for the build.


I just shipped the gearbox off to Frank Kaisler today for him to work his magic on, and I think I am going to tear that motor down next. I have a lot of black paint to remove, and I really want to go through this thing totally so I know what I have. Stay tuned for more updates as I get some free time to make progress..

Tyler

1 comment:

gravelveins said...

jealousy.
total jealousy.




congrats!