Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Show 'N' Go......

That sums it up. I made it pretty but it's built for a purpose....to go fast! I know chrome don't get ya home, but I never heard anything about polished aluminum! Seriously though, everything on this bike is there (or not there) for a purpose but there is nothing wrong with making it look good!
I finished 90% of the assembly today and mounted the polished aluminum fairing with the windscreen for the first time and I am pretty happy with the results.
Still some final adjustments to make but it is custom made to displace the wind so it moves around me. I am not a huge fan of fairings honestly, but I needed one for the class I am running and it can make a big difference aerodynamically. My goal was make a fairing cool enough that I would like it, and a polished aluminum fairing works for me. This should be a huge improvement over last year!
Gonzo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

perhaps painting the inside a matte black? cut down all the distorted flying reflections

Kyle said...

I actually told the polisher to leave those, I like the ripples!