Friday, June 3, 2011

Customer Spotlight: Eddie & Eddie Speed Shop Special

Figured it was time I sent you guys some pictures of my 71 Triumph. I brought this a non-runner about a year ago, as you can see it was rough looking but also had that rat look. (Pic below) I rode it around until the fall when the front fender decide it wanted to jam up on the tire. Did anyone remember the loc-tite?
Lucky I had my skid lid on and only broke a few things on me and nothing on the bike.(pic) I was out of action for the winter but no big deal.
I have a bunch of photos of the tear down and rebuild. But figured the before and after say enough.

I could not have done this without you guys and your great web site and gear you sale.

This is my first bike project. In the past I have always messed with cars. 1940-1960

Eddie & Eddies Speed Shop opened one Sunday afternoon in 1989 back in England, my brother and I had a few drinks and decide my 1959 Austin Pick-up would look a lot better flat back and scalloped. We achieved this in a couple of hours with a roller and a couple of paint brushes. We went on and built a bunch of ratish rods and had fun.

I have been in the US for 17 years and the Triumph here is the first project out of the US operation of Eddie & Eddies.Some detail on the bike;

It’s a 1969 Tiger frame with a 71 T120 Bonneville engine.

From the happy pages of Lowbrow customers it has the following: 29 tail light, Repo OEM gas Tank, Ribbed rear fender, Grips, Leavers, Biltwell Seat, Biltwell Bars, Bench Mark kicker pedal. Peg rubbers, and more.

In addition some homemade fender mounts and a great looking Coker White wall on the back. Keep up the great work and all the best on the salt this summer.

All the best, Sean Hatherley

No comments: