I thought I had finished all the fabrication work on my 67 Triumph landspeed bike and Tyler reminded me to pass tech I need a chainguard! A bit of a downer as I was ready to get the bike torn down and start the paint and final assembly, but you gotta do what you gotta do. So I grabbed a sheet of steel and got to it. I have to say this is the first time I ever made a chain guard, I am usually throwing them in the scrap pile!
A bit of cutting, knee bending and some welding and I had a chain guard that worked. I was definitely a bit bummed though, feeling it broke up the lines of the bike. So I decided to go with the old stand-by, "speed holes". If it doesn't look cool make it look fast at least! I am pretty sure the drilling took alot longer than the fab work, but I am pretty stoked with how my first ever chain guard turned out. Cheers, Kyle